Sunday, July 29, 2012

Waiting on Lane

At the beginning of this year when our hopes had been shattered we talked to Tynan about going to heaven. He asked, "will Jesus come get me?" and he expressed his wish for his hero, Lane Frost to come get him, or maybe for Lane, John Wayne and Chris Ledoux, to come get him. We have been in pins and needles for almost 2 weeks and have watched him go through some rough times in this short time. All of our immediate family has come to see him, as well as many relatives and dear friends. We've listened to him plead for Jesus to take the pain away when he is in discomfort and can not rest. He is hanging on longer than his numbers say he should and in the back of my mind I wondered, what are you waiting for? Today I am reminded that Tynan's hero, Lane Frost will be celebrating 23 years with Jesus tomorrow. Though they never met, Tynan wanted "to be just like Lane." Though we will never be ready to say good bye, I can't think of a better way of knowing that he may finally meet his hero, and knowing that while God may not answer my prayer for a miracle he just might answer Tynan's prayer, and that's good enough for me.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful!!! I can't wait for your beautiful family to be reunited in heaven one day and for Tynan to to be able to fill you in on the adventures that he, Lane and every other rodeo hero experienced with Jesus. You are all such an inspiration of strength. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the Lord watch over you and your family, and be by your side forever and always. I never got the chance to meet you sweet lil angel, but I'm sure the Lord has rodeo in heaven. And has a riding # to pin on you riding vest, Tynan you've lasted longer then 8 seconds. Your my Lil Hero and your my Lil Lane Frost.. <3 Lord hear our prayers, and please walk them though this holding on to Tynans hand.

    ReplyDelete